Hi! I’m Kharissa and I am a “stay at home mom” to two kiddos who I also homeschool. I work alongside my husband, Greg, to grow our farm business and keep developing our dream. I am the voice behind the technology here at the farm. So, if you have any questions feel free to send me a message.
We never even thought about having a farm until about 3 years ago. In fact, we both grew up around animals and were happy to get away from all that “responsibility”. The problem is, being kids who were taught to keep busy and maintain barns, fences, animals, you find yourself feeling bored constantly. We kept ourselves busy, don’t get me wrong, but life never felt fulfilling. So, in 2017, we had the opportunity to move to this property, that my family owns, and slowly the dream began to grow. We are immensely grateful for that opportunity, as it has changed our lives forever.
Greg is still working a full-time job that he really enjoys. We do hope though, that one day he can stay home with us, and we can grow even more. As of today, we spend most weekends working and building as well as most evenings until dusk. Don’t get me wrong, it is absolutely exhausting! We love it though and we love the values it brings to our kids.
Here are some little unknown facts about me:
- I went to college at the University of Idaho. Go Vandals!
- I am not a morning person at all, and I much prefer staying up late and sleeping in.
- Sunflowers are my favorite flower.
- I don’t like eggs.
- I love cooking and baking, but I HATE doing dishes, so my husband does them a lot.
- My husband and I grew up doing 4-H in the same county and combined did every animal project, but none of the same ones.
- I am a chronic researcher and I spend way too much time overanalyzing things before just doing them.